The Georgetown University Information Retrieval Lab
The IR lab was started in 1998 at IIT. The lab is now growing as part of Georgetown University's Computer Science Department.
Members of the lab have graduated 29 PhD students (12 in IR), published more than 100 IR-related refereed papers in top conferences and journals, had 7 search-related patents issued, and placed highly in TREC many times. Students have gone on to take key leadership positions in major corporations such as BEA (now Oracle), Amazon, Orbitz, AOL, BAE, Telecordia, and co-found companies including Summize (merged with Twitter in 2008). Others have taken academic positions.
- Congrats to Jonah Joselow for receiving The Computer Science Award today in the Tropaia award ceremony at Georgetown. This award is given to at most one person from among graduating seniors in CS, annually.
- Congratulations to Andrew Yates for passing his proposal defense.
- Congratulations to Jon Parker for passing his proposal defense.
- Congratulations to Jason Soo for passing his proposal defense.
- Congratulations Luca, Arman, Andrew, Nazli, and Ophir for winning second place in the poster session at the 3rd Annual Biomedical Informatics Symposium.
- Researchers recognized as leaders by national academy of inventors.
- We are looking for PhD students. If interested contact Nazli Goharian at email@example.com.